Cate Blanchett & Mia Wasikowska Will Play Lovers
The Cannes Film Festival comes with a lot of great fashion, fantastic movies, honorees, awards and off course big news, as it was confirmed that the megastars will star in ‘Carol’, a film adaptation of Patricia Highsmith’s story of 1950s lesbian love with a script adapted by Phyllis Nagy (who previously wrote and directed the Annette Bening-starring Mrs. Harris television movie) and the film is set to start shooting in February in London and New York. The great Cate Blanchett will star opposite Mia Wasikowska as lovers Therese and Carol, and I cannot wait to see that on the big screen. These two actresses are really great but to be honest I am specially interested in the Blanchett part as I am a huge fan of her, I have a massive crush on her and I think she is just the best. A fantastic project with a perfect choice.
According to the press release for the film, “Carol is a love story about pursuit, betrayal and passion that follows the burgeoning relationship between two very different women in 1950s New York. One, a girl in her twenties working in a department store who dreams of a more fulfilling life, and the other, a wife trapped in a loveless, moneyed marriage desperate to break free but fearful of losing her daughter in the process.” It also has a happy ending—which was extremely radical for the time.
The producers of the film said: “We are thrilled to be working with Cate Blanchett and Mia Wasikowska, two of the most talented actors working today, in this striking adaptation of one of the twentieth century’s most iconic writers, Patricia Highsmith. To be re-united with highly talented individuals, director John Crowley and writer Phyllis Nagy is a testament to the quality of the project. We are delighted to have such a gifted team on board.”
Tessa Ross at co-financer/co-developer Film4 added: “Carol is a beautiful and heart-breaking story and it’s a testament to the talents of Phyllis and John that we’ve attracted actresses of Cate and Mia’s calibre to star at the heart of it. We are delighted to be working with Liz and Stephen at Number 9 to help put together what promises to be a truly wonderful film.”
Intelligent Life March/April 2012
Cate Blanchett… Senza Photoshop!
The always stunning and my obsession – she is the best and most stylish actress out there – goes where only few celebs of a perfection-obsessive town would dare to go: Gracing an un-retouched cover. The lucky publication this time is Intelligent Life — The Economist‘s lifestyle and culture magazine.
According to The Intelligent Life editor Tim de Lisle, “When other magazines photograph actresses, they routinely end up running heavily Photoshopped images, with every last wrinkle expunged. Their skin is rendered so improbably smooth that, with the biggest stars, you wonder why the photographer didn’t just do a shoot with their waxwork. Cate Blanchett, by contrast, appears on our cover in her working clothes, with the odd line on her face and faint bags under her eyes. She looks like what she is — a woman of 42, spending her days in an office, her evenings on stage and the rest of her time looking after three young children. We can’t be too self-righteous about it, because, like anyone else who puts her on a cover, we are benefiting from her beauty and distinction. But the shot is at least trying to reflect real life. It’s a curious sign of the times that this has become something to shout about”.
But this is not just about the use of photoshop, it goes beyond that as Tim de Lisle explained: “Publishers want a recognizable person on the cover, with a real career; but they also want an empty vessel — for clothes and jewelry and makeup, which often seem to be supplied by the advertisers with the most muscle.”
I just love Cate, and to me she is the epitome of beauty and elegance, with or without photoshop she always looks amazing. She is… just perfect after all. But as shocking as it is – it always is -, is not a new concept. Let’s not forget the extremely buzzed covers of Marie Claire with an un-airbrushed – and supposedly makeup-free – Jessica Simpson for the May 2010 cover and the Harper’s Bazaar October 2011 cover with surprisingly natural-faced Lady Gaga. Still, this is powerful, extraordinary and worthy of admiration. Once again, bravo Cate!
Cate Blanchett + 63rd Cannes Film Festival = Perfection
[picapp align="none" wrap="false" link="term=cate+blanchett&iid=8768997" src="5/f/6/0/63rd_Cannes_Film_0535.JPG?adImageId=12847924&imageId=8768997" width="380" height="572" /]
Cate Blanchett at the 63rd Cannes Film Festival for the premier of Ridley Scott’s film ‘Robin Hood’. Looking flawless with this architectonical, clean, simple and Avant-Guard ice-pink triple organza lamé Giorgio Armani Privé cocktail dress, perfectly accessorized with vintage Van Cleef & Arpels jewellery. The pail tones are huge this season and this is a perfect example of how to wear them and look simply chic.
[picapp align="none" wrap="false" link="term=cate+blanchett&iid=8770884" src="a/2/4/0/63rd_Cannes_Film_c48c.jpg?adImageId=12848109&imageId=8770884" width="380" height="582" /]
Only somebody like Cate Blanchett could pull-off a dramatic pre-fall 2010 Alexander McQueen gown with eagle motif, once again accessorised with Van Cleef & Arpels jewels for the premiere of her new movie.
Big in 09
Part of the Group Writing Project: 2009 in Review. From the DailyBlogTips website
- H&M + High Profile designers collaborations. Getting a glimpse of some of the most luxurious and glamorous brands in the world was the perfect gift that makes us love H&M year after year. H&M Collaborations
- Lindsay Lohan. Her debut at Ungaro + all her scandals certainly got us very entertained. Check her collection Lindsay Lohan For Ungaro (SS2010)
- Kate Moss. Just for being Kate Moss, one of the biggest fashion icons. More Kate Moss
- Cate Blanchett. Turned 40 and still the most stylish and talented actress in the world. My favorite person and fashion icon on earth. More Cate Blanchett
- Lady Gaga. This fashion savvy and die-hard fan knows how to make a real statement and proves that you can naver go too far for the sake of fashion. Just look at her paparazzi and Bad Romance videos. AMAZING!!!! Or what about all the buzz in the Alexander McQueen SS2010 show? More Lady Gaga and the Aleaxander McQueen SS2010. [brightcove vid=49589513001&exp3=2648424001&surl=http://c.brightcove.com/services&pubid=1079000770&w=425&h=344]
- Male SuperModels. Baptiste Giabiconi, Tyson Ballou, Noah Mills, David Gandy, Jamie Dornan, Kerry Degman, among others became part of a phenomenon that generated a huge buzz this year and got us saying “Male Super Models are here to stay” becoming a fashion-Power-Force. More Male SuperModels
- Vogue. Amazing covers, editorials, books… Best fashion magazine ever. This is the fashion bible. Vogue Covers 2009
- Gucci. The best brand of 2009- Or the one that best represents me and always want to wear – . With Frida Giannini as the creative director, Gucci has become one of my favorite brands, with a luxurious and unique style that has me aching for more. Gucci Collections.
- Zac Efron. My favorite – and one of the fews – male fashion icon. Everybody loves Zac Efron, he is not just a pretty face, he is super charming, talented and most important has and incredible sense of style. More of Zac Efron’s amazing style.
- Britney Spears. I am obssesed with her – I am a Die-hard fan – , so seeing her get back at the top of the game is the best thing that could ever happen. [brightcove vid=46955548001&exp=271548504&w=425&h=344]
- Balenciaga. The best collection for SS2010 was created by the amazing Nicolas Ghesquière. He is just a genious. Season after season he delights us with the most incredible, stylish and amazing collections we could ever wish for. Balenciaga: Spring/Summer 2010 & Fall/Winter 2009-10
- Phoebe Philo. She is finally Back, and looking better than ever. With one of the most anticipated comebacks of the season, she gives us the Philo girl – Now Celine girl – we were aching for so long. Here is her collection for Celine SS2010
- Fashion In Film. Following Anna Wintour for the september issue, or getting a glimpse of Valentino’s fabulous life is priceless.
- Christian Lacroix and Veronique Branquinho. Filed for Bankruptcy.
- LV+Madonna. The most amazing fashion collaboration in a long time. Madonna was the face of Louis Vuitton for the entire year. Louis Vuitton: Spring/Summer 2009 & Fall/Winter 2009-10
- Academy Awards. One of the biggest events of the year that is always an important fashion reference. All the trends and styles seen there become a must. Academy Awards 2009.
- Gossip Girl. The Most stylish show on Tv since Sex & The City. I love it, and the fashion is insane.
- Kate Winslet. Finally won an Oscar – besides two Golden Globes, SAG Awards and many others – for her powerful performance on “The Reader”
- Supermodels. They always Make headlines and are amazing. The World’s Top Earning Models
- Michelle Obama. We can not talk about fashion without mentioning one of the most influential people in the industry.
Cate Blanchett+Vogue US
It is not a secret that I am obsessed with Cate Blanchett, she is the most perfect woman in the world the best and most stylish actress you could ever find. So, when I found out that the amazing an ultra chic Cate was gracing the cover of Vogue Us for the december issue, wearing a beautiful Donna Karan gown and photographed by Annie Leibovitz, I got super excited, this is just perfect. Inside the magazine, you can find… Who cares? Cate who takes center stage for “Every night Is Dangerous”, Is on the Cover and has an amazing editorial by none other than Annie Leibovitz. Definitely a must.
Cate Blanchett & Vogue UK
Ya se vino el 2009, y que mejor forma de recibirlo que con Cate Blanchett, la siempre increíble y camaleónica fashionista y reina del estilo, quien para la edición de enero de Vogue Uk, y de la mano de Patrick Demarchelier, engalana la caratula con un vestido de chifón de seda bordado con cristales plateados y magnolia de Armani Privé.
Cate Blanchett es sin duda una de las mejores actrices de Hollywood - por no decir la mejor -, con la temporada de premios acercándose y con un estreno de “The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button” muy próximo, su escogencia es algo que definitivamente no se dejó al azar. Esta diva fashion y ganadora del Oscar es sin duda alguna una de las mujeres mejor vestidas, con un estilo único, increíble y timeless, se ha convertido en musa de diseñadores como Armani, y favorita de los críticos que siempre como todos los espectadores, se deslumbran cuando la ven pasar por la alfombra roja de los eventos más importantes, con una estilizada figura y una elegancia que nos recuerda al Glamour clásico de los tiempos dorados del “Old Hollywood”.
Con las confesiones de Cate Blanchett, viene también una de las nuevas niñas mimadas de Hollywood, Blake Lively, quien con su papel como Serena en Gossip Girl, se ha consagrado como “fashion icon” y teen idol. Esta socialite fashionista del Upper East Side, ha demostrado porque es la nueva it girl. Conquistando el mundo con el cine y la televisión, es una de las más imitadas y solicitadas en la industria, que viene este mes también como portada de la revista W.